Navratri finally ended yesterday and really it was just awesome this time. The first day of navratri started with the great news of i being placed and believe me that was one of the best day of my life. I was overjoyed and was dancing and singing as if i am from a different world ie:- i am alien. Really if you saw me that day you could have believed this thing which i am saying today.
The results came one day before and i was continuously biting my nails while travelling to the place where the results were announced. On my way i spotted around 10-15 goddess durga idols and i was feeling so nervous that time. But when the results were announced i felt so relaxed and relieved.
From the next day i slept like a crazy guy i dont know why maybe it was due to the tiring month that just passed away giving a excellent news of being placed at the end.For the next two days there were Mithai Sessions and some official work regarding some forms that were to be filled.
Meanwhile in the next days i just went outside to see various jhankees or pandals where various colorful idols of Goddess durga were placed. I literally love this thing and enjoy it every year.Maybe its the purity of these festivals that really attracts devotees around the world to India.
You can easily find various shades of life when you visit these pandals
- While visiting one pandal i met a guy in the food zone who was a college student. He operates a Chinese Corner from the evening in that place and studies B Comm in a good college in the morning. When i asked that why he operates this stall he said he needs money to continue his studies and to bear all his expenses.
- I literally love the footpaths because they usually teach me a lot of lessons in my life. So when i was returning back to my home. I found two pair of kids one who were poor and the other one who were from quite a rich family. The kids who were underprivileged i would say were sharing the dinner (that was small plate of i guess rice) while the kids that were from the rich family were fighting for a plate of Chole Bhature (which were at the end thrown on the floor)
- The next one were the politicians that were as usual wearing a fake smile on there face and were having a fake attitude that was clearly visible.(Impressing the majority of people for filling the vote banks in the upcoming elections so ignore this thing :P)
- Some guys were found manipulating people to earn as much money as possible.
- The best part were the real devotees that were lost in their own world. Worshipping Durga Ji in every possible way.
- I need to mention a pair of small puppies too that enjoy there world unaware of what’s going around them.
There were Garba and Dandiya nights. Were people were found dancing with full of energy and happiness were at the best level in the whole environment.There were dance shows, skit shows and various talent hunts for spotting new talents which was suitably rewarded.
The festival ended with Vijaya Dashmi that was awesome too. This festival is celebrated on Navmi on that day there are lot of Bhandaras. That serve delicious food to anybody which wishes to taste that awesome food 😀 Then we went for the Ravan Dehan in the adjacent colony. The small ravan was made by the kids. There was a lot of excitement, energy and joy which was clearly visible on there face.
This Navratri was one of the best navratri in my life and i totally enjoyed it. If you have anything to share with us do share it in the comments section below Enjoy your life 🙂